[csw-maintainers] file location for our svc/smf stuff

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Mar 26 21:30:52 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 08:14:21PM +0000, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
> I was recently trying to figure out how packaging works. I looked at
> Sun provided ssh packages. For instance, pkgmap of SUNWsshdr has this
> line:
>
> 1 f manifest var/svc/manifest/network/ssh.xml 0444 root sys 2982 52600 110635026
>
> Is it a static prototype file entry?

yes, in my terminology.

. This file is present on
> non-global zones as well as on the global zone. If it isn't a static
> prototype entry, how does it get to non-global zones?

presumably, it gets copied on zone initialization as "part of the OS".

try initializing a zone, that does NOT have ssh support in it.
Then pkgadd SUNWsshdr in the global zone,and see what happens to the child
zone.
I would think it does not get propagated in this case.

Unless you have a very odd setup of having /var shared.