[csw-maintainers] Separate package versions when building multiple packages (was Re: [csw-users] How to merge multiple source trees into one package)

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 26 23:17:55 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Am 17.03.2009 um 17:31 schrieb Juergen Arndt:
>> how is it possible to merge multiple source trees into one package?
>> Is there a piece of documentation or does anybody have a package,
>> which I could use as an example?
>
> All things from DISTFILES are extracted and can then be compiled
> and installed. Or do you need multiple versions of the same
> package? Please check in your material so we can have a look
> at it.

I have something similar with dovecot. There is a sieve plugin that
should be compiled against the dovecot sources, so that's what i do
within one Makefile: Build dovecot and the sieve plugin.

https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/dovecot/trunk/Makefile

Apart from the fact that it doesn't look nice i just realized that the
sieve plugin package needs to have a different version number than the
dovecot package. Is there any way to define a separate version number
for one package out of $(PACKAGES)?

Sebastian