[csw-maintainers] [csw-devel] svn check

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 27 15:37:35 CET 2009

Hi Ben,

Am 27.03.2009 um 15:28 schrieb Ben Walton:
> I've been thinking a little more about Phil's proposed svn check in
> GAR and I've come up with a compromise (based on my previous
> thoughts).
>
> The attached patch to GAR implements an additional target requirement
> for `gmake package` named svncheck.  This target will stop the package
> target from succeeding if it detects UNCOMMITTED in any of the pkginfo
> files, but only after all of the packages are built and run through
> checkpkg.  The notice should be fairly obvious, so the maintainer
> knows that a rebuild with checked in code is still required, but since
> packages are available, testing can be done without committing every
> little tweak
>
> If nobody sees any obvious problems with this patch, I'll check it in.

This is not sufficient. It should also change the name of the package
to REV=..._rev=...-UNCOMMITTED to make the package installable with
usual tools, but also to make it perfectly clear that it is not
committed just by looking at the file. Additionally, it would be
nice to have a "debug" mode which build only directory-packages
(as opposed to datastream-packages). Or even better to introduce
a "releasepkg" target which makes sure eveything is checked in,
builds a package and makes a copy of trunk/ to tags/.