[csw-maintainers] Circular dependency between CSWajclang and CSWajcconfig

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 27 22:40:43 CET 2009

Hi,

Am 27.03.2009 um 22:26 schrieb William Bonnet:
> Hi Dagobert
>> I was just wondering why pkg-get didn't finish installing the
>> packages after a few hours: it looped between CSWajclang and
>> CSWajcconfig depending on each other :-)) William, can you
>> push out a fix ASAP?
>
> Ooops my fault... i wrote a script that checks for depends on java
> libs (by extracting jar contents and decompiling .class) but i
> forgot to add a test for circular dependencies. I removed depends
> from ajcconfig to ajclang. It is an arbitrary choice...

Phil, how about verifying circular dependencies in checkpkg? These are
especially bad as they break the package install/update process with
pkg-get. It would be even more difficult to discover if the chain was
not mutual, but longer.

Peter, pkgutil loops also at 100% cpu without notice. It should be
fairly
easy to detect loops in Perl. pkg-get only loops when the package
containing
the loop is installed, pkg-util loops on all installs.