[csw-maintainers] A place for other project-related code

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 28 12:09:03 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:50, William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote:
> Hi Maciej
>>
>> Cool. How will the new website work?
>>

> It is based on wordpress for the main pages. I am integrating dokuwiki, and
> it will be used for pages dedicated to packagess. Dokuwiki is interesting
> because it does not use a DBRM backend, but a file backend. So it is easy to
> generated automatically some  of the pages. There will be also some custom
> php pages for package list, etc. Just like the current, with a bit more
> informations, and a unified css.

sounds interesting ... did you consider http://moinmo.in as well? it
seems to be one of the current market leaders, also supporting file
based storage. many distributions use it, like:
 * http://wiki.debian.org
 * http://wiki.ubuntu.com (and many others from ubuntu)
 * http://kernelnewbies.org
 * http://wiki.centos.org
 * http://wiki.apache.org

but also more consumer oriented sites, like:
 * https://developer.skype.com/

but also many software packages, like:
 * http://wiki.nginx.org

ubuntu currently uses:
 * drupal (main page)
 * moinmoin
 * http://www.planetplanet.org/ (for http://planet.ubuntu.com)

if you need some volunteer and you do not have fixed delivery dates
just drop me a line.

rupert.