[csw-maintainers] Separate package versions when building multiple packages (was Re: [csw-users] How to merge multiple source trees into one package)

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 28 20:49:05 CET 2009

Sebastian Kayser wrote:
> Mike Watters wrote:
>> Sebastian Kayser wrote:
>>> I have something similar with dovecot. There is a sieve plugin that
>>> should be compiled against the dovecot sources, so that's what i do
>>> within one Makefile: Build dovecot and the sieve plugin.
>>> https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/dovecot/trunk/Makefile
>>> Apart from the fact that it doesn't look nice i just realized that the
>>> sieve plugin package needs to have a different version number than the
>>> dovecot package. Is there any way to define a separate version number
>>> for one package out of $(PACKAGES)?
>> I have a similar issue with Alpine.
>> alpine will have 3 packages, CSWalpine CSWalpine-web and CSWimap
>> I will need a way to version the imap accordingly.
>
> Mike, i have put together a workaround for the version issue. The
> package that needs a version != $(GARVERSION) is CSWdovecot-sieve.
>
> 1) Exclude CSWdovecot-sieve from the regular packaging
>
> NOPACKAGE = CSWdovecot-sieve
>
> 2) Add a post-package target that packages only CSWdovecot-sieve with
> an adjusted version number.
>
> package-sieveplugin:
> 	@gmake -o post-package \
> 		NOPACKAGE="CSWdovecot CSWdovecotdevel" SPKG_VERSION=1.1.6 \
> 		repackage
> 	@$(MAKECOOKIE)
>
> post-package: package-sieveplugin
> 	@$(MAKECOOKIE)
>
> See [1] for the full Makefile. Btw. is CSWimap the UW imapd? Would
> that be part of the CSWalpine build or vice versa?
>
> Sebastian
>
> [1] https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/dovecot/trunk/Makefile

Thanks for the fix.

CSWimap == UW imap yes.
and the UW imap is what is shipped with Alpine (which is also UW)

They need to be separate packages as imap is only an optional configuration for Alpine.

same with the Alpine Web.  it interfaces with Yahoo mail api (separate download)

- --
Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist