[csw-maintainers] On-line project resources

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 29 12:30:00 CEST 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> I care about "common feel",

It's reasonable enough. Of course, it requires work with customizing
existing templates of programs such as Mediawiki, Trac, etc. How would
you define this common feel? I'm guessing it would be a logo, or
"OpenCSW" written in some specific font, and palette, a small set of
colors. What would the font be, and what would the colors be? (I know
I can go and look at the existing website, but the existing website
won't tell me what _you_ think is important about the common feel.)

A'propos linking between different project sites, there's one thing
which can be fairly easily done and would be an advantage. Here's the
idea: every site, which means the main website, every wiki, every bug
tracking system, etc., would have, on its local 'home' page, a clearly
visible list of links. This set of links would constitute 'a standard'
for OpenCSW sites. An example list could look like this:

OpenCSW Home | Package issue tracking | Project wiki | Developers wiki
| mGAR | SourceForge project | Trac

The rule would be that if you click any of these links, you'll see the
same list again. In other words, links would form a (bidirectional)
complete graph.

Thoughts?