[csw-maintainers] On-line project resources

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Mar 30 00:07:33 CEST 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 06:11:05PM +0000, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
> To achieved a complete graph (between the grey nodes), the following
> links would need to be added:
>
> Project wiki <http://wiki.opencsw.org> → Mantis
> <http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack>
> Project wiki <http://wiki.opencsw.org> → mGAR on SourceForge
> <http://gar.sourceforge.net>
> Project wiki <http://wiki.opencsw.org> → mGAR Wiki
> <http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar>
> Project wiki <http://wiki.opencsw.org> → Trac
> <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar>

Intersting way of thinking.

Why do we need so much duplication, though?
we have *3* wikis, and *3* bugtracking things.

Since "trac" is both a wiki, AND a bugtracker.

I think that there is some sensibility in having separate bugtracking and
wiki engins, for "opencsw" vs "gar". but I think that we only
need one of each for gar, not two :)

Lets pick one of each for gar, before going crosseyed trying to plan these
links out further?

If one is going to be an "experimental-only" one, then I believe it should
not be linked regularly at all.
we should pick one main wiki, and one main bugtrack, for gar, and then
have those be the official linked-to targets.