[csw-maintainers] Pixman, cairo and pango

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Mon Mar 30 21:35:50 CEST 2009

Hi Phil
> Awww. I'm really looking forward to a new xfce.

Version 4.4.1 has been in tsting for about one year ;)
> perhaps, you might put up a wiki page to detail which packages need to be
> updated. nothing fancy, just a simple text list, and then they can be
> crossed off when done.

I have a list of packages updates needed for FF3. They are not needed
for compilation it, but to help me hunt segfaults. I have segfault for
version 2.0.0.19 and higher, same for TB 2.0.0.21. FF3 was working of
Solaris 10 and the old blastwave stack.

Actually these updates would help me because most of the time the answer
i find are "first updates your libs, then come back and talk about your
segfault problems".

The packages needed for compilation are not yet released, they are new
packages i took from Xorg project. I already did a few, i have about 8
more to submit.

Xfce is a bit different. I have about 7 packages to compile in order,
each one depending on another. Even if i have a dedicated zone, there is
always a risk of side effect to other packages. Thus it is not so safe
to go out of the standard way.

> That would encourage others to help adopt updates, when needed, I think.

Sure. BTW i also always create mantis entries for that (and i appreciate
to notice that other are really fast to process these ! thanks guys)

cheers
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net