[csw-maintainers] Font packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Mar 31 16:50:03 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:20:41AM +0100, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
> How do we go about adding font packages? Let's suppose I have a font
> what I want to package. Let it be Terminus[1], for the sake of the
> exercise. Can it be somehow integrated with Sun-provided X server in
> Solaris 10? Are there established practices about including fonts in
> OpenCSW?

Hrrrrm.

well, you have to add it to the "font path" somehow.

We have an existing standard for where to put "X resources" files, so we
should follow suit there.

http://www.opencsw.org/userguide/
mentions XFILESEARCHPATH=/opt/csw/lib/X11/%T/%N%C

so probably /opt/csw/lib/X11/fonts, as as copy of the sun
/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts or whatever it is.

However...
Although.... with the new "X header" packages, deploying under
/opt/csw/X11, perhaps it is time to change the location to
/opt/csw/X11/lib.

Please discuss :-)