[csw-maintainers] X11, Cairo, Pango and GTK+

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun May 10 20:28:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have now rebuild all the X11 packages from William, pixman,
cairo, pango, libxft2, libatk and gtk+ in GAR with 32/64 bit.
The packages are not in testing as they have been build on build8st
instead of the official build machines.

The following dependencies are still missing, but I consider them
not that relevant, so they may be added later:
- openjpeg (uses statical Makefile optimized for Linux)
   (requires defining loads of variables in the Makefile)
- poppler (broken runtimelinkerpath, needs openjpeg)
   (needs some inspection, shouldn't be too hard)
- spectre (needs 64 bit libgs.o, which needs pixman etc., can be done
   after general package release in a second step)

All packages have been installed on build8st, please try compiling
and testing packages against them. After this was successfull I am
going to package and release them one-by-one as there are massive
dependencies between them.

I don't want to take over packages from William, how about a technical
user "gnometeam" releasing the packages and receiving the mails
with all gnome maintainers on it?

Am 26.02.2009 um 00:09 schrieb William Bonnet:
> I have moved the X11 stuff to /opt/csw/X11 (but licenses which are
> under
> /opt/csw/share/$(GARNAME).

The existing libxrender package puts shared libraries in /opt/csw/lib:
   <http://opencsw.org/search/libxrender>
I guess if they are relocated to /opt/csw/x11/lib they can no longer
be found. It would be however good to bundle X11 libs in /opt/csw/lib/
X11.
Make links from lib/X11 to lib/, issue bug reports and remove the links
when all bugs have been closed?