[csw-maintainers] dbus-python (CSWpydbus) anyone?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed May 13 22:30:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

would anyone with fancy for python modules (Mike?) mind packaging
dbus-python (http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-python/)?

CSWpidgin contains purple-remote which can be used to cli-control pidgin.
We would like to use this at work to automatically update the IM online
status when people insert their smartcard into or pull their smartcard
from Sun Ray DTUs.

However, purple-remote requires the python dbus module, which i couldn't
find in the catalogue. I had filed a bug report against pidgin [1], but as
Chad correctly noted it is not really a bug in pidgin, so if someone could
put together CSWpydbus this would make some guys here real happy.

Sebastian

[1] http://opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3673