[csw-maintainers] Offer to maintain swig (was: Re: status report: graphviz packaging - new maintainer)

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Tue May 19 16:53:34 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> Swig is also unmaintained at the moment and outdated. Feel free to
> take it
> over or to ask for somebody else to update it if you need a newer
> version.

I'll take it.    Do I have svn commit privileges for it now?  May I commit?

I've updated to swig-1.3.39 in my local tree and tried to update the
Makefile
for latest GAR practices as I understand them, like trying to use the
automatic
spec and depend mechanisms.  "make build" is ok, and "make package"
does a lot of work and seems happy, but doesn't leave me with a package in
the staging area?   Could someone look at the attached Makefile and tell
me what I'm doing wrong?

John