[csw-maintainers] Offer to maintain swig

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Tue May 19 17:11:12 CEST 2009

Mike Watters wrote:

> John Ellson wrote:
>

>> spec and depend mechanisms.  "make build" is ok, and "make package"
>> does a lot of work and seems happy, but doesn't leave me with a package in
>> the staging area?   Could someone look at the attached Makefile and tell
>> me what I'm doing wrong?
>>

> I don't see a problem with your Makefile ... what does your ~/.garrc file look
> like?
> This is mine->
>
> SPKG_PACKAGER   = Mike Watters
> SPKG_EMAIL      = mwatters at opencsw.org
> SPKG_EXPORT     = $(HOME)/newpkgs/$(GARNAME)
> SPKG_SPOOLDIR   = $(HOME)/spool/$(GAROSREL)-$(GARCH)
> GARCHIVEDIR     = $(HOME)/src
>
> ** SPKG_PACKAGER and SPKG_EMAIL ** needs no explination
>
> ** SPKG_EXPORT ** is where gar will put packages when they are done.
> ** SPKG_SPOOLDIR ** is where gar will "spool" the package before translate to
> datastream
> ** GARCHIVEDIR ** is where gar will look for source tarballs before downloading
> them.
> helpful if your source tarball is very large.
>
> - --
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

I have this in my .garrc.   It works ok for gts packages.

John

-----

# vim: ft=make
#
# ~/.garrc - Local settings file for the CSW build system.
#
# For the most part, any setting found in gar.conf.mk can be overridden by
# setting (or unsetting) the variable in this file.  The system gar.conf.mk
# provides a reasonable set of defaults, but customizations may be
required to
# build packages outside of the Blastwave build stack.
#

# Packaging information
SPKG_PACKAGER   = John Ellson
SPKG_EMAIL      = ellson at opencsw.org

# Where to put finished packages
SPKG_EXPORT     = /home/ellson/opencsw/staging/build-$(shell date

# Proxy settings
#http_proxy =
#ftp_proxy =