[csw-maintainers] Packages that require either package A or package B'

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri May 22 21:45:30 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 09:38:53PM +0200, rupert THURNER wrote:

> would it be a lot of effort to replace pkgutil with apt? i especially
> like the remove parts, the dist features, and wajig as quite
> comfortable command line interface.
>
> e.g. wajig purge, wajig purge-orphans, ...

If you want to attempt to port apt to work on top of SVR4 pkgs, please feel
free to go right ahead :-)
[I think someone actually attempted to do this, so you might be able to
 pick up on their work. But it's probably fairly out of date]

Meanwhile, if you wish to request additional features to pkg-get and/or
pkgutil, please also feel free to suggest specifics.

You may not have noticed, but in one of my recent emails, I referenced
support for a "purge" function. This has been in my plans for pkg-get for a
long time. It would be easy for pkgutil to implement it as well.
As mentioned in my email, the concept would be that maintainers would
provde a "purge" script, as

i purge

I think that pkg-get could check for it, pre-pkgrm, and run it.