[csw-maintainers] SMF support for syslog_ng package

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu May 28 23:39:18 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I'd be grateful if someone would attack minimalsmf with a saw and make
> it use the latest version of SMF support (I'm now so confused about
> naming that I won't use any other keywords than 'SMF' and 'support'.)

Latest news: I've slogged away at the code tree, figured out that
clamav does SMF via classutils, figured out that it was consistent
with the 'cswclassutls' page, and updated the minimalsmf package. It
worked!

I've created a version of syslog_ng with mgar v2 and
cswclassutils-driven SMF support. I thought that committing the change
directly to the syslog_ng/trunk directory might be considered rude, so
I branched the build and committed my change to the branch.

Here's the change:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/changeset/5096

Ihsan, can you please look at it? If it looks good to you, you could
merge it to the trunk.