[csw-maintainers] GAR Major Change: Platform feature now activated

Ihsan Dogan ihsan at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 4 15:29:58 CET 2009

Hello Dago,

On 11.10.2009 14:00, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

>>> Let me know if you encounter anything unusual or feel the docs
>>> need some clarification :-)
>>
>> I have two packages, ldns and unbound, which are build with gcc on
>> Solaris 8, while the Solaris 10 version is built with Studio 12.
>>
>> Does this change has any influence to this very specific case?
>
> Yes! Please add
>   PACKAGING_PLATFORMS = solaris8-sparc solaris8-i386 solaris10-sparc
> solaris10-i386
> to you Makefile. This tells GAR about all platforms you want packages
> built on.

Ok. Thanks for the hint.

> It may needs additional tweaking. Have you committed all your local
> changes?

No, not yet.

> Than I'd love to take a look and allow
>   gmake platforms
> to automatically build packages for all 4 platforms without intervention.

Something does not work yet. The Solaris 8 x86 package was built, but
the Solaris 10 package fails:

gmake: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
gmake: Leaving directory `/home/ihsan/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/unbound/trunk'
Connection to build8x closed.
bash: gmake: command not found
Connection to build10s closed.
gmake: *** [platforms] Error 127