[csw-maintainers] Packages with private /opt/csw/foo directory

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 6 21:44:01 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> For example, while the back end DATABASE ENGINE, probably is best off
> in separate prefixland, client-side things are relatively binary
> compatible (or are they?)
>
> at the very least, having /opt/csw/bin/mysql (the client)  ->
> /opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysql is probably pretty safe.

That's what my new mysql5 package does.

> There can then be questions about whether symlinks for libraries in
> /opt/csw/lib would be appropriate.

There is such symlink in the current mysql5 package, but I think that
the database can do perfectly fine without it. Perhaps it was about
compiling other, mysql-dependent software.

Do you think it's better to keep the symlink or to remove it? I'm
inclined to do the latter.