[csw-maintainers] Undefined symbol __sync_fetch_and_add_4.

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 8 17:24:04 CET 2009

I'm trying to build freehdl on build8s, but when it's linking the final
binary I'm getting an error about a missing symbol "__sync_fetch_and_add_4"

This seems to be a function that use atomic instructions that's not on
i386 and sparc 8 so i686 has to be used. I assume the problem is similar
on sparc, but I have no idea which flags to use. Does anyone know?

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.2/gcc/Atomic-Builtins.html#Atomic-Builtins

--
Trygve