[csw-maintainers] Problems building CSWgar

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 9 20:43:43 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Mon Nov 09 12:14:44 -0500 2009:
>>> When building CSWgar, I'm getting this error message:
>>> Looking for bad strings...
>>>         for badpath in /export/medusa /opt/build ; do
>>>         for badpath in /export/medusa /opt/build ; do
>>>
>>> ERROR: build-machine paths found in file
>>
>> GAR contains checkpkg which contains those strings.  Self fulfilling
>> prophecy.  Special case exemption would be in order, me thinks.
>
> Perhaps a little obfuscation, say, rot13 could help?
>
> for badpath in $(echo /rkcbeg/zrqhfn /bcg/ohvyq | gtr a-mn-z n-za-m); do ...

I've found out that there are two checkpkg instances, one in
CSWcswutils, and one in gar/v2/bin.  Is it intended?

Anyway, I updated both of them and bumped the version of CSWcswutils.
I think I'll have to wait until the updated package
(>=cswutils-1.14.6) is installed on the buildfarm.