[csw-maintainers] proposed small gar modification

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 10 11:21:42 CET 2009

Hi Ben,

Am 10.11.2009 um 03:51 schrieb Ben Walton:
> I just checked in the change we discussed that allows a maintainer to
> optionally disable CSWcommon as a dependency (primary use: pkgutil).
> Any maintainer that doesn't want a package to depend on CSWcommon
> should set:
>
> COMMON_PKG_DEPENDS =
>
> Gar build descriptions that generate multiple packages where only some
> packages should use CSWcommon would do:
>
> COMMON_PKG_DEPENDS =
>
> REQUIRED_PKGS_CSWsomepkg = CSWcommon ...

Great! However:

Am 10.11.2009 um 03:42 schrieb bdwalton at users.sourceforge.net:
> Removed Paths:
>    csw/mgar/gar/v2/pkglib/csw/depend

lcsw% grep csw/depend *
csw_cpan.gspec:%depend:merge   url file://%{PKGLIB}/csw/depend.perl
csw_dyndepend.gspec:%depend:merge   url file://%{PKGLIB}/csw/depend
csw_standard.gspec:%depend:merge   url file://%{PKGLIB}/csw/depend

Packages which still use static gspec will break when csw/depend is
not there anymore. I re-added it in r7200. Apart from that it looks
good and is definitely a step in the right direction :-)