[csw-maintainers] Change python modules catalog names to have a py_ prefix (instead of just py)?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 13 20:06:07 CET 2009

2009/9/25 Trygve Laugstøl <trygvis at opencsw.org>:
> Ben Walton wrote:
>> Excerpts from Sebastian Kayser's message of Thu Sep 24 17:38:12 -0400 2009:
>>> So how about
>>> 1) If it's a pure module, py_<modulename>.
>>> 2) If it's main use is as application, <upstreamname>.
>>> 3) In case of doubt, cross-check with other distributions?.
>>
>> Logical and concise.  +1.
>
> Ditto. +1.

There's also the question of pkgnames, is it CSWpyfoo or CSWpy-foo? If
one follows the rule that "each _ becomes a -", we sometimes end up
with CSWpy-foo and sometimes CSWpyfoo.

I wrote down what I thought is the outcome of this policy (except for
the point 3). Here's the table:
http://wiki.opencsw.org/python-packages-naming