[csw-maintainers] mysql-5.0.84 in testing (a garified package)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 15 14:03:02 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> We didn't make the tests pass with the 5.0.x.  We don't know if the
>> 5.0.51,REV=2008.01.20 was passing the tests.  If it wasn't, releasing
>> my 5.0.84 would not mean any degradation in the QA of the package.  If
>> it was, it would be nice to know what was done to make the tests pass.
>>  I don't know if it makes sense to invest time in 5.0.x. tests if
>> we're going to move on to 5.1 soon.
>
> i agree that so long as your 5.0.x version passes *at least the same
> tests as our existing package*, it is fine to release,and then focus
> efforts on 5.1
>
> the only remaining question is, which tests does our existing pass?

I know that Phil ran the tests and most of them passed.  I've built
5.0.87 on Friday, I think this package is at least as good as the
existing one.  The concern might be the migration from the older
package which uses /opt/csw/var and /opt/csw/etc.  Perhaps it's a good
thing to first release a package which doesn't do much changes to
MySQL version (only a patchlevel upgrade), migrate the configuration
files, and after some time, when the updated 5.0.x will have been in
current/ for ~1 month, release the version 5.1.