[csw-maintainers] wxwidgets in testing/ (was: Anyone wants to update wxWidgets?)

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 16 15:42:38 CET 2009

* Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I tried to run rapidsvn in a vnc server.  No joy:
>
> maciej at vsol01 pkg $ rapidsvn
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1.0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1.0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":1.0".
> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Benny had some weird problems when re-packaging pureftpd and IIRC traced
it down to the application being compiled against a variant of crypt()
(or similar) and run-time-linked against another one which expected its
arguments to be a tad different (symbol was present in two libs, both
linked into the application). Could be seen with some debugging.

Could our mixed X11 libs environment cause similar problems?

Sebastian