[csw-maintainers] raw "build" api for our subversion tree now up for discussion

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 17 18:09:07 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 17.11.2009 um 17:50 schrieb Ben Walton:
>>
>> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Nov 17 11:47:04 -0500 2009:
>>>
>>> $(HOME)/newpkgs
>>>
>>> is a good default.
>>> Can I get a second on that?
>>
>> I'd switch my .garrc to that.  +1.
>
> Why do we need a default? The API make setting this mandatory. It may
> be good to have a default in the enclosing build system, but the maintainer
> should set a use-specific default. So I don't see a need that the inner
> build-systems need to handle defaults.

err, are you speaking of "[the gar] build system"? or the "raw API" one?
I think you are referring to gar. the "raw API" one does not have
setting anything mandatory.
In order to keep discussion for this "raw api" thread simple (just
like the proposed API ;-), lets please keep discussions of GAR, to a
completely different thread