[csw-maintainers] Change python modules catalog names to have a py_ prefix (instead of just py)?

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 18 13:09:59 CET 2009

On 17/11/09, 20:56:02, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] Change python modules catalog names to have a py_ prefix
(instead of just py)?:

> well, in some cases, the CSWxxx name doesnt realliyhave to be
> "readable", that's what our "software name" is for.  the PKG name is
> there almost just as a placeholder.

It doesn't have to match but it makes life so much easier.  Any reason
not to make it meaningful?

Good: pkg-get -i foobar -> installs CSWfoobar
Bad:  pkg-get -i foobar -> installs CSWfb
Daft: pkg-get -i foobar -> installs CSWx9

The system uses package name.  After install the software name is not
needed and
since pkg-get was revised we can even install with package name.

James.