[csw-maintainers] Change python modules catalog names to have a py_ prefix (instead of just py)?

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 18 13:14:31 CET 2009

On 18/11/09, 11:04:52, Maciej "(Matchek)" Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org>
wrote regarding Re: [csw-maintainers] Change python modules catalog names
to have a py_ prefix (instead of just py)?:

> > and an argument AGAINST having - in the names:
> >
> > CSWxxx-yyy  does not double-click-select in xterm. you ahve to click
> > and drag to select it.
> > in contrast, some_software_name selects as a single word.

> Looks like your terminal emulator is broken.  Pick a non-broken one or
> fix yours! ;-)

It's not broken, it's quite normal.  e.g. perl regexp \w includes
alphanumeric and '_' but not '-'.

My comment about pasting is: cut the software name, type "CSW", paste.
I wish it to result in package name.

I'd also like a machine capable transform.  I'm happy doing:
	pacakgeHome.findBySoftwareName("foobar").getPackageName();
just to get "CSWfoobar" when hitting the problem with a J2EE sledgehammer
but in simple scripts it would be useful to...

#!/bin/ksh

softwareName="foobar"
echo "software name: ${softwareName}"
packageName="CSW${softwareName}"
echo "package name from software name: ${packageName}"
echo "software name from package name: ${packageName#CSW}"

...this passed by long ago.

's/_/-/g' and the reverse can used in scripts but then the quick script
becomes more complicated than using my J2EE.

James.