[csw-maintainers] Building postgresql-8.4.1

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Nov 19 18:31:38 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> So why are we building everything else with isaexec?

we dont build "everything else" with isaexec.

there is no 64bit "grep" for example.

>  For instance,
> why do we want cups to be 64-bit enabled?

there is a difference between "enabled[/available]", and "default to using it".

hopefully, we havent bothered making 64bit executables for cups. but
we need 64bit versions of the libraries AVAILABLE, so that some
applications that want cups support, can be compiled in 64bit mode, if
beneficial.
obvious candidate:  GIMP.