[csw-maintainers] gnulinks

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 20 14:42:43 CET 2009

Hi All,

A user queried me today about the current setup of CSWgnulinks.  He
wondered why gnulinks didn't depend on all of the gnu *utils packages
for which it provides links to.

Part of the answer is that I simply updated the existing package and
left it functionally equivalent to the previous version.  I'd also be
hesitant to make it so heavy weight.

I wonder though, and I realize there is a pile of work involved,
whether a better solution would be to have each package that uses the
g prefix on binaries provide its own links in /opt/csw/gnu?  This
would provide a solution without extra dependencies and prevent broken
symlink possibilities in /opt/csw/gnu without being an overly heavy
solution (packaging work aside).

Thoughts?

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.