[csw-maintainers] cswclassutils cswinetdconf

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Nov 20 16:31:42 CET 2009

The documentation on the wiki needs to be updated regarding this
particular class. The section on this class only relates to the term
'cswinetdconf' as the class, but the class to be executed is actually
'cswinetd'. Can someone please update the docs to reflect this?
Otherwise packagers attempting to use this class, like me, are going
wonder why inetd isn't properly updated. Can examples for the pkginfo
and prototype files be added as well. Have these examples for all
classes would be very helpful.

Now onto the problem. After updating my pkginfo and prototypes
accordingly the conversion of the inetd entry is failing with the following.

Installing class <cswinetd> ...
/opt/csw/etc/pkg/CSWcheck_mk_agent/inetd.conf
inetconv: Error opening
/var/opt/csw/svc/manifest/network/check_mk-tcp.xml: No such file or
directory
pkgadd: ERROR: class action script did not complete successfully

When I perform a verbose install I see the class is trying to install
the manifest into /var/opt/csw/svc/manifest/network, a directory which
doesn't exist! Shouldn't the class action script create this directory
if it doesn't exist or fall back on /var/svc/manifest/network?

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
Email: darinper at cognigencorp.com