[csw-maintainers] pkgutil version updates on the mirror roots?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Oct 4 22:59:51 CEST 2009

Hi Trygve,

Am 04.10.2009 um 11:09 schrieb Trygve Laugstøl:
> Something like that would be very nice. A nice touch is the ability
> to select a mirror, the Ibiblio mirror is always very slow from
> Europe..

Yes. Even better would be a redirection service to the next mirror.
The would serve two purposes:

- close statistics on mirror usage and performance
- usually better-than-manual routing

As we usually don't have access to the BGP data we can't use
SuperSparrow [1], but
something like mirrorbrain [2] could be used.

[1] http://www.supersparrow.org/
[2] http://mirrorbrain.org/