[csw-maintainers] Submitting a package to the release manager

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 8 17:06:35 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Thu Oct 08 10:16:22 -0400 2009:
>>
>>> been released. Do other people do it similarly? Where do you store the
>>> copies of packages being currently in the release process?
>>
>> I bounce my packages through my own boxes here, as I haven't setup a
>> shared key between the buildfarm and bender.  I maintain a local ~/csw
>> which houses packages that I've pushed over to bender.
>
> I think I'll make the directory names configurable, with the defaults
> set to ~/csw/pending-release and ~/csw/released. I guess people will
> agree that the two directories are needed in the release process (from
> the maintainer perspective).

I would like to discuss the configuration file. For the current needs,
it's going to be the configuration file for the release process, but
in principle it could be a maintainer-specific configuration file for
other csw-related scripts.

Python provides a configuration parser which deals with the .ini
format, and I'm tempted to use it.. I like to use readily available
components where I can.

Another option would be to reuse ~/.garrc, but I don't know how to
reliably extract information from this file. I don't want to write a
lame Makefile parser in Python, and I can't write a decent one in my
allocated time. Also, I don't want my tool to be GAR-dependent. So, a
separate config file.

What do people think is a good configuration file name? The first name
which comes to my mind is ~/.csw.ini or ~/.opencsw.ini. (I somehow
like ~/.opencsw.ini better, because it's less ambiguous.)

The format would be something along the lines of:

[release]
statedir: /home/maciej/csw/state
releasedpkgs: /home/maciej/csw/released
releasemgr: ... at opencsw.org