[csw-maintainers] GAR: Adding own modifications to the categories

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 13 21:21:59 CEST 2009

I'm working on building in-house packages using GAR. There are bits of
the local configuration that my packages could share, for instance
common prefix (different from /opt/csw or /usr or /usr/local). I would
like to do something along the lines of creating a category, but I
don't think you can assign two categories to one package. Dago, how
would you go about it? Create an additional include file and add a
reference in each Makefile?

For instance:

(...)
include /opt/csw/src/gar/v2/category.mk
include /opt/myown/src/gar/localtweaks.mk

...or do something else?