[csw-maintainers] stable release?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Oct 14 02:57:04 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I haven't been involved with the drum banging for a stable release (or
the discussions surrounding it).  For the most part, I'm able and
happy to run from current/ on my systems.  I have a friend that isn't
so fortunate and is locked to stable releases for his boxes.

Is there any progress in this area?  What are the current stumbling
blocks?  Should we set some sort of goal to work towards where we can
know that the current package set is 'clean' enough to mark as stable?
What would such a milestone look like?  0 critical bugs, <X medium
bugs?  Release when all the bdb stuff is sorted out?  Release
'sometime' next month?

If we have some sort of defined goal, we'd all be able to work toward
it.  Without a defined goal...

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.