[csw-maintainers] stable release?

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 15 10:51:31 CEST 2009

On 14/10/09, 01:57:04, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
[csw-maintainers] stable release?:

> Is there any progress in this area?  What are the current stumbling
> blocks?  Should we set some sort of goal to work towards where we can
> know that the current package set is 'clean' enough to mark as stable?
> What would such a milestone look like?  0 critical bugs, <X medium
> bugs?  Release when all the bdb stuff is sorted out?  Release
> 'sometime' next month?

Yes BDB has been a blocker.

> If we have some sort of defined goal, we'd all be able to work toward
> it.  Without a defined goal...

I would hope no bugs was a goal anyway but historically we know we
periodically create them.  The difference is not creating new ones
but there is no point in calling a freeze when there are known
problems like BDB unresolved.  (BDB isn't the only outstanding major
bug.)

James.