[csw-maintainers] pysvn and the other pysvn

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Sun Oct 18 05:05:30 CEST 2009

On 10/17/2009 06:16 AM, Macias (Matches) Brzezinski wrote:
> Looks like we have a package name collision. I'd like to build
> pysvn[1], but there already is a CSWpysvn package. What do we do with
> this name clash, any suggestions?
>
> Maciej
>
> [1] http://pysvn.tigris.org/

the existing pylon is the python module for subversion that comes with the
source code.  I have not yet looked at the difference, what are the main
differences?

if we are going to package them both, I think one should be python_subversion
and one pylon but I am not sure which should be which without more investigation.

--
Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
     US German-born Theoretical Physicist