[csw-maintainers] GAR: rebuilding after modifying a file in software's sources

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 20 14:56:48 CEST 2009

I've modified a source file and I want to tell gmake to rebuild the
necessary binaries. I'm trying:

maciej at build8s [build8s]:~/src/opencsw/pkg/cups/branches/cups-1.4.0 >
gmake build
        [build] complete for cups.

...it says everything has been built. But it hasn't, I modified http.c
and it should trigger the rebuild of some binaries.

cd'ing into the source and issuing 'gmake' doesn't work: a - util.o
ar: writing libcups.a
gmake[1]: ranlib: Command not found
gmake[1]: *** [libcups.a] Error 127
gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
gmake: *** [all] Error 1

How can I tell GAR to rebuild the source?