[csw-maintainers] GAR: rebuilding after modifying a file in software's sources

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 20 17:48:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/gar/v2-git

I think I should elaborate a little on how this is supposed to work.

The idea is that the changes must survive make clean; the git
repository has to be cloned somewhere outside the work/ directory. The
directory to store cloned git repos needs to be defined in ~/.garrc.
It should be also possible to set it per-package, because we might not
want to create cloned git repos for every package we're building. In
conclusion:

$ grep GIT ~/.garrc
ENABLE_GIT_pysvn = 1
ENABLE_GIT_pygobject = 1
GIT_DIR = /export/home/blizinski/src

The first time the sources are unpacked and patched, the git
repository is stored in GIT_DIR. All the following unpacks, it's going
to be cloned back.

It's currently being done by the means of rsync, which is generally a
bad idea and I need to fix it, but I don't know how. Perhaps the git
repository should be cloned back into work/ in the pre-extract stage.

That's the current state of affairs. I won't be able to hack much more
until the 2nd of November.