[csw-maintainers] Fwd: checkpkg problem on opensolaris distribution

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Oct 26 17:14:09 CET 2009

>> Can we enhance this script to support IPS package system?
>> I have a quick idea similarly like the following patch,

I think that only really makes sense, when we start distributing
packages in IPS format.

at which point, we should have a related-but-separate utility,
"checkips", I think :-)

checkpkg is for creating packages. Right now, people should NOT be
creating OpenCSW packages on opensolaris. Only Solaris(tm)(r)(...)

For someone who wishes to tinker, but only runs opensolaris at the
moment.. it should be easy enough to set up a solaris zone?
They could use the "branded zone" type stuff, and install solaris 9
zone, I would think.