[csw-maintainers] final request for samba

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Oct 30 00:59:48 CET 2009

Last call, for someone to be a samba maintainer.
We've been lacking a modern samba maintainer for a Very Long Time.
We NEED a recent samba.

Because of the overwhelming need for this, if no-one steps up to do it
right, I'm going to do a very rare thing, and make an exception for
usual good practice.
I'm going to just make one large huge ugly single package, dump it in
testing for a while, and then release it.

I'd really rather not do this. Firstly, because there are a whole
bunch of other things I should be doing with my time :-/ (which is why
I cant do it "nicely")

But we need it done.