[csw-maintainers] Migrating config files from /opt/csw/etc to /etc/opt/csw during package update

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 1 16:57:49 CEST 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 01.09.2009 um 16:42 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> I wrote up a comparison, for the sake of brevity, formatted as a
> table. It considers the simplest case, a single file which was
> previously on /opt/csw/etc and is going to be in /etc/opt/csw.
>
> http://wiki.opencsw.org/configuration-directory-migration
>
> In a simple case, which option people think is best?

Good comparison. In case (4) this means the file is first moved
from /opt/csw/etc/foo.conf to /etc/opt/csw/foo.conf and then symlinked?
So it is more like (2)+(4).

Sounds for me as the best thing to do. The symlink shouldn't be
in the package but generated during postinstall with errors ignored
because if /etc/opt/csw is lofs'ed to /opt/csw/etc the symlink would
point to itself and generation would fail as would the complete package
install.