[csw-maintainers] Rebuild package with an updated postinstall script

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 1 18:31:53 CEST 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 01.09.2009 um 18:15 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> When I update a postinstall script in files/CSWfoo.postinstall and do
> "gmake repackage", the GAR keeps using the old script in the package.
> I tried also "reinstall" and "remerge". Do you know if I can get GAR
> to include the updated postinstall script without recompiling the
> whole package?

Not easily, not easily. This is because the files are transferred from
files/ to donwload/ to $(WORKSRC) during extract phase at the very
beginning. GAR can not know what needs to be redone after anything
has changed there. For testing purposes you can copy the files
from download/ over to work/build-*/, but to be sure the result
is reproducable the final package should be build from scratch.

This all is a safety measure. It is guaranteed that there is no
difference between 'gmake package' and the result after 'gmake
repackage' and this guarantee can not be given when you tinker
with files from the first phase.