[csw-maintainers] sendmail and dbus packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Sep 2 19:00:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Jeffery Small<jeff at cjsa.com> wrote:
> Can someone please provide an update on the status of the following two
> open issues:
>
> 1:  Is there a revised release of sendmail pending for use with the Berkeley
>    DB 4.x problem, and have all the Berkeley DB issues been resolved?  I
>    am in a state of confusion about all this and very afraid to touch anything
>    for fear of getting things out of sync once again.  I really don't know
>    what version of the BDB I should be running. I currently have:
>
>        berkeleydb4           4.2.52,REV=2005.04.28_rev=p4
>        berkeleydb44                 4.4.20,REV=2009.07.28
>        sendmail                     8.14.2,REV=2007.12.17

I previously suggested/requested that our berkeleydb maintainer(s),
repackage the "berkeleyedb4" package, to include the old binaries for
the shared libs, until they are no longer used.
This basically echos our "normal" policies about shared libs.

http://www.opencsw.org/standards/libraries

" ... it is usually neccessary to include older versions of a library,
in your package. So, if you are releasing libfoo.so.1.3, it is
appropriate to copy in the older libfoo.so.1.2 into your package. ....
until their maintainers have time to recompile."