[csw-maintainers] Ganglia update

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 4 22:33:56 CEST 2009

Hi Dagobert,

Thanks for your earlier feedback.

The packages are now working, except for init scripts and SMF support.
That will come shortly.  However, people are welcome to test, just
install the packages, and start the processes like so:

On every node running the agent:
/opt/csw/sbin/gmond -c /opt/csw/etc/ganglia/gmond.conf

On the reporting server, run both the agent and the server:

/opt/csw/sbin/gmond -c /opt/csw/etc/ganglia/gmond.conf
/opt/csw/sbin/gmetad -c /opt/csw/etc/ganglia/gmetad.conf

Then just browse to http://<gmetad-server-name>/ganglia/ and enjoy
watching the graphs.

Please let me know if there is anything else horribly wrong in my Makefile

Regards,

Daniel