[csw-maintainers] Sanity checks in GAR

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 6 22:14:20 CEST 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 05.09.2009 um 18:21 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> My day-to-day environment has umask set to 027; but many packages,
> when built with this umask, end up with binaries having permissions
> 0750. Perhaps it would be a good idea to do a GAR sanity check: bail
> out if umask is set to anything else than 022 when building a package?

The standard user:group are already set in cswproto, as are the
permissions
for directories:

> # Prototype defaults
> $StdOwn     = 'root';
> $StdGrp     = 'bin';
> $StdDirPerm = '0755';

I could imagine setting a default for files. Or changing the umask to
022
automatically on GAR invocation. BTW, we still a way of easily tweaking
the prototype as PROTOTYPE_FILTERs are still too complex.

Something like this could be useful:

PROTOTYPE_FILES_mytweaks = $(bindir)/.*\.conf
PROTOTYPE_PERMS_mytweaks = 0644
PROTOTYPE_CLASS_mytweaks = cswconffile

PROTOTYPE_MODIFIERS = mytweaks

Here, PROTOTYPE_MODIFIERS is a list of modifiers to apply where for each
modifier one or more fields can be changed.