[csw-maintainers] testing a release candidate from upstream

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 6 22:26:04 CEST 2009

Hi Daniel,

Am 05.09.2009 um 22:19 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
> Ganglia 3.1.3 will have some Solaris specific fixes (e.g. a seg
> fault when the first CPU is not in slot 0)
>
> I'd like to test release candidate for 3.1.3 (in other words, the
> monitor-core-3.1 branch from upstream SVN) by building OpenCSW
> packages on each of the build machines.  This way any final issues
> can be resolved before upstream tags the release.
>
> What is the normal way of doing such a build?  I notice that with my
> existing Makefile for the Ganglia CSW package, it wants to download
> a released ganglia-X.tar.gz

The easiest thing is that you roll your own ganglia-3.1.3rc1.tar.gz
package and put it in
/home/src. This will be tried first on downloading. You can also
subscribe to SVN which
is described in (4) at
   <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/GAR%20FAQ>
but "gmake garchive" will not upload the revision, so you may not
always get what you expect.
That's way I recommend rolling up your dist. Couldn't you just
   gmake tardist
or something from the checked out thing? Then just copy over to /home/
src.