[csw-maintainers] Using package overlay with UNCOMMITTED packages

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 9 14:56:45 CEST 2009

I'm currently developing a workflow for building and testing packages
at work. I'm using pkgutil's package overlay support with "-t". The
current problem I see is that if a package has UNCOMMITTED status,
pkgutil doesn't install it. I can (non-)solve this by committing every
change before building. Otherwise, I perhaps could stop GAR from
appending UNCOMMITTED, or make pkgutil accept them. Which one do you
think is best?