[csw-maintainers] Packages with private /opt/csw/foo directory

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Sep 11 18:04:23 CEST 2009

well,, there are multiple potential "issues" at play here.
on the one hand, I understand your frustration at not having it
normally in the path.
But what would be the side effects of having a symlink
/opt/csw/bin/mysql -> /opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysql ?

Would it break auto-detection of mysql location, when compiling?

and... is that ok anyway, since we dont have auto-detection now anyway? :-)

It may indeed be appropriate to adjust our mysql5 package to have the
symlink in there.

BTW: would you be intersted in taking over our mysql package, for
purposes of updating, and putting the symlink in there?
(pleasepleasepleaseplease? :-)