[csw-maintainers] gar default change...

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 12 16:45:49 CEST 2009

Hi Ben,

Am 12.09.2009 um 16:01 schrieb Ben Walton:
> I'd like to make a change to the GAR defaults that would see our
> recently agreed upon /opt/csw/{etc,var} -> /{etc,var}opt/csw become
> the norm.  This would mean that any packages wanting to stay in their
> current locations would need to set sysconfdir, etc manually.  If
> you're never intending to move your files these modifications would
> become permanent parts of your recipes.
>
> Is everyone ok with this?

I propose something slightly different: The default of sysconfdir will
be
changed to /etc/opt/csw and localstatedir to /var/opt/csw. Additionally,
every Makefile containing $(sysconfdir) or $(localstatedir) will get
something like this in the head of the file in the same commit:

   # The default has been changed to /etc/opt/csw and /var/opt/csw.
   # Please remove the lines below after reviewing that your package
still works.
   sysconfdir = /opt/csw/etc
   localstatedur = /opt/csw/var