[csw-maintainers] Owner/perms on /etc/opt{,/csw}

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Sep 15 02:13:38 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> Errr.. that's not what I was saying at all.
>
> What I said boils down to what you said, only that I would infer that
> from CSWcommon instead of hardcoding it.

no. i was only saying, "check for, and warn about, any paths in a
package that are not under /opt/csw, or /etc/opt/csw, or
/var/opt/etc".

You are saying, "AND in addition, check for any paths that are in
CSWcommon, and gripe about that".

I think that's going too far.
If a package wants to declare some of the same directories/perms as
what is in CSWcommon, it's a little redundant, but it's not "wrong".